Friday, October 15, 2010

Tuck Everlasting

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt. A+

"Imagine coming upon a fountain of youth in a forest. To live forever--isn't that every one's ideal? For the Tuck family, eternal life is a reality, but their reaction to their fate is surprising. Award winner Natalie Babbitt (Knee-Knock Rise, The Search for Delicious) outdoes herself in this sensitive, moving adventure in which 10-year-old Winnie Foster is kidnapped, finds herself helping a murderer out of jail, and is eventually offered the ultimate gift--but doesn't know whether to accept it. Babbitt asks profound questions about the meaning of life and death, and leaves the reader with a greater appreciation for the perfect cycle of nature."
-Back of the book.

My mom recommended this book to me, so I bought a copy and went home and read the whole thing in one day. Then once I was done my sister told me we already had a copy. Oh well, now I have my own copy. :)
I adored this book and I think it is one of the few stories were the movie is just as good as the book. I would recommend this book to everyone of all ages. It;s a perfect read for younger kids and a entertaining quick read for teens and adults. Not to mention it's a classic and an adorable story! And once you've finished the book you have to see the Disney movie! It's amazing and I cry every time I watch it!

No comments: