Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Cupcake Queen

The Cupcake Queen by Heather Hepler. A-

"When her mother moves them from the city to a small town to open up a cupcake bakery, Penny’s life isn’t what she expected. Her father has stayed behind, and Mom isn’t talking about what the future holds for their family. And then there’s Charity, the girl who plays mean pranks almost daily. There are also bright spots in Hog’s Hollow—like Tally, an expert in Rock Paper Scissors, and Marcus, the boy who is always running on the beach. But just when it looks as though Penny is settling in, her parents ask her to make a choice that will turn everything upside down again. A sweet novel about love, creativity, and accepting life’s unexpected turns."
-Back of the book.

This book is SO cute! It has the funniest things you'd never expect in a book but things that you expect to happen at a Jr. High. I really loved it because most of the characters were my age and it was very ratable. I would recommend this book to all girls from 6th grade to 10th grade. The funniest thing about this book I just HAVE to put in is about the cover. You know your not suppose to judge a book by it's over (which I still do) but this cover is perfect in every way! I just want to eat it! The funny part is that a guy from one of my classes took one look at the cover and said, "Amazing, A chick flick in book form!" Extremely funny...and true :)

1 comment:

Suey said...

Interesting. I've been drawn to this book because of the cover too, but just haven't picked it up yet....