Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ever

Ever by Gail Carson Levine B+

"Falling in love is never easy, but falling in love with an immortal god while your days on earth are numbered is almost more than a young girl can bear.

Gail Carson Levine has created a stunning new world of flawed gods, unbreakable vows, and ancient omens in this spellbinding story of Kezi, a girl confronted with a terrible destiny. Attempting to thwart her fate, Kezi and her love, Olus -- the god of wind and loneliness -- embark on a series of dangerous and seemingly impossible quests."
-Back of book

This book was interesting as much as a little confusing. I really loved it and it was fun once you remember this is fantasy not fiction. But the thing that confused me was it took me awhile to relive that mati and pado means mom and dad. And I'm still confused on what time period this is. My favorite kind of fantasy is modern day fantasy but this is one I liked regardless.

After I read this book I watched the movie "Ella Enchanted." When I picked out this book I expected it to be more like the movie of "Ella Enchanted" but of course I was wrong. I'm happy It's not like the movie to because I also like the serious fantasy's and not to much of a comedy. But my favorite kind of fantasy is modern day fantasy

No comments: